Pages

4.08.2013

benji & the jets.

Yellow Edge Curtain Panels, Land of Nod, $39.00  |  Howard Elliot Bella Silver Leaf Mirror, Noya Decor, $482.00 |  Industrial Task Lamp, West Elm, $79.00  |  Midcentury 6-Drawer Dresser, West Elm, $849.00  |  Capel Rugs Spain Rug, Zinc Door, from $223.00  |  Air Show Lamp Shade, Land of Nod, $50.00  |  Be Brave Print, Etsy, $17.00  |  Ouef Sparrow Crib, 2Modern, $760.00  |  Zigzag Tufted Throw, Nordstrom, $58.00  |  Metal Propeller, Hidden Treasures Decor, $49.99  |  Baxton Studio Letterio White Cradle Chair, Amazon, $110.00  |  Dream A Little Dream Pillow, Etsy, $35.00  |  Links Round Pouf, Wayfair, $244.00

Here's a little mood board I designed for my bestie's baby boy, Benji. Vanessa was inspired by Elton John's hit, Bennie and the Jets and decided an airplane-themed room was perfect for her little guy! (I can't take credit for the title of this post...that was all Vanessa! Cute, huh?!) 

Vanessa already had Benji's room painted a dark aqua-ish color which reminded me of the sky on a clear summer day, so I paired that blue with a sunny yellow for the perfect complementary color. As far as the rest of the room goes, my approach to designing a nursery is simple.  Since furniture is almost always where you invest the most money, I chose pieces that have longevity.  A modern, clean dresser is my choice for a changing table, that way when your baby is no longer in diapers you aren't stuck with a useless piece of furniture.  Also this modern rocking chair is comfy and stylish and doesn't look like most gliders you typically see in a nursery.  I added youthful touches with artwork and accessories to keep the room from being too grown-up.  And in case you can't read it, the throw pillow says "dream a little dream of me." How sweet is that? 

I hope Benji grows to love this room as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin