Pages

8.22.2013

luxe for less.


Waylande Gregory was a sculptor and American icon whose work is just as relevant today as it was 70 years ago.  He literally "broke the mold" when it came to ceramic techniques.  With his work featured in the Smithsonian, Whitney and New York Metropolitan museums, owning one of his pieces would undoubtedly be a luxury.  But of course, they do come at a hefty price tag.  This Waylande Gregory Small Tiger Orange Bullet Bowl may be one of the few items that isn't unattainable.  I'd love to have one to display some of my most precious jewels or as a catch-all on my desk.  I must admit, these C. Wonder Animal Dessert Plates achieve the same aesthetic for a fraction of the price...they may not be made with the same craftsmanship or 22k gold, but I think they'll do!

Check out more of some Waylande Gregory goodness here and here.

1 comment:

Follow my blog with Bloglovin